If you are a local or ex-pat residing in Abu Dhabi, it is crucial to get a police clearance certificate from the Police Department or the Government. The Police Clearance Certificate is proof of the presence or absence of a criminal record against your name.
You will be required to submit an application with the required documents to the Abu Dhabi Police Department to get your Police Clearance certificate in Abu Dhabi.
How to Get Police Clearance Certificate in Abu Dhabi
Getting the Police Clearance certificate can be a tedious process if you don’t follow the correct procedure or don’t know about the required documents. Follow the steps and process below to understand how to get your police clearance certificate:
- Emirates ID
- Copy of Emirates ID
- Copy of Passport & Visa
- Duly Filled Application Form
- 2 Passport size photographs
Fees for the Police Clearance Certificate are 53 AED through Debit Card and 57 AED through Credit Card. If you are paying online, the fees of 50 AED. You will need to pay an additional 13 AED if you want the Certificate delivered to your home.
Get Police Clearance Certificate in Abu Dhabi Online
- Visit the official website of the UAE Interior Ministry here.
- Scroll down to the Important Services Section and click on View More below Issuance of clear criminal record certificate.
- If you are a new user, click on Register then enter your details to create a new account.
- Click on Start Services, enter your username password to log in.
- Fill in the required details like Email Address, Place, Reason, Language, etc.
- Select your Delivery Method and proceed to the Online Payment page.
- Fill in your Card Detail and click on the Pay button to pay your fees.
- After Payment, Your certificate will be sent to you as per your selected Delivery method.
Get Police Clearance Certificate in Abu Dhabi Offline
- You will need to Visit the Customer service section of a police station in Abu Dhabi.
- Submit your Application with the required documents.
- Pay your fees through an acceptable debit or credit card.
- If your application and documents are correct then you will get your police clearance certificate.